- 8 differential inputs or 16 single-ended inputs. 12 bit resolution
- 4 x 12 bit analogue outputs
- 24 programmable digital I/O channels at TTL levels
- 3 on board 16 bit Counter Timers (8254 compatible)
- Suitable for monitoring input voltages with a full scale reading as low as ±5mV
- Sample and hold amplifier provides accurate readings at varying input signals
- Analogue voltage and current outputs are bi-polar
- Digital inputs can be either voltage or volt free contacts
- Software configurable
- Auto calibration
- Fully Universal PCI and Plug -and-play compliant (compatible with 3.3V and 5V buses)
- Supplied with demonstration software examples
The PCI-ADC is a PCI-compatible halfcard which provides analogue and digital input/outputs and counter/timers. Eight differential or sixteen single ended analogue inputs are available with 12-bit resolution and programmable gain to allow full scale input ranges of between ± 5mV and ± 5 volts. The maximum sample rate of these is 230 KS/s.
A FIFO input buffer is available such that 1024 analogue samples may be taken before processor intervention is required. Four bipolar analogue outputs are provided to 12 bits resolution. Each may be individually configured as voltage or current outputs with full scale range of ±10 volts or ±20mA.
There are 24 TTL-compatible programmable digital input/outputs available from the board and there are also three programmable counter/timers, the outputs of which may be used to generate interrupts, to initiate analogue input conversion, analogue output sample update, or digital I/O. A 4 MHz crystal oscillator is available on board to allow the counter/timers to provide accurate timebases.